Hi, Indivisibles. We’ve been getting a lot of questions about what we’re planning to do in response to the white supremacist rally that is being planned for October. We are working in conjunction with a number of community groups and leaders to come up with a plan. Stay tuned for more info. In the meantime, please know that lots of people are coordinating on this and that we do expect to have an event planned. It might take some time because we want to make sure whatever we do is thoughtful, inclusive, and as safe as possible.
If you’re just joining us after having read today’s Forum article, welcome! We’re happy to have you with us. Here is what you need to know about Indivisible FM.
- We are a group of progressive-leaning people in the Fargo-Moorhead area taking focused, local, and nonviolent action against regressive political agendas.
- We’re a part of the national Indivisible movement.
- Most weekdays, we send out an action that you can do. Typically, they involve some form of communication with our legislators. We call them on the phone, we fax them via text, we collect messages via Google Forms to pass on to them, and we attend their public events.
- We are also a place for area progressive groups to share their events, and we encourage our members to attend the ones they can, even if sometimes they are not of their particular area of interest. We all need to stand together.
If you’re ready to get to work with us, please join our Facebook group or sign up for our email list at the top of our website.
We received comments from 15 tables and 7 online forms. You can see our meeting notes here.
What issues do you want us to address?
Immigration and Refugees
Women’s Rights (choice, Planned Parenthood funding/support, equal pay)
Environment (including DAPL, climate change)
Racial Justice (Police brutality, voter suppression, Native rights, BLM)
LGBTQ+ Issues (Marriage equality)
Free Speech (Freedom of press, gag rules, censorship)
Social Safety Net (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
- Trump’s Russia ties
- Steve Bannon
- Russian sanctions
- Nuclear war
- No wall with Mexico
- Gun control
- Oppose bill to remove US from UN
- Defending the Constitution
- Parental leave
- National Park Service and public lands
- Money out of politics
- Supreme Court appointments
- Cabinet appointments
- Stopping propaganda
- Checks and balances
- Trump divesting from businesses
- Sanctuary cities
- Arts funding
- Veterans’ issues
- Affordable housing
What actions would you like to take?
Include state and local issues
Attend town halls
Set up subcommittees for issues
Stay organized and work together
- Make phone calls
- Educate ourselves and others on the issues
- Tips for introverts
- Training on de-escalation
- Training on how to talk to conservatives
- Visibility — blue dots in red state
- Maintain calendar of events
- Maintain list of resources
- Media appearances
- Try to get others to join
- Connect with other groups
- Support local nonprofit groups
- Take positive actions — don’t only call to complain
- Recruit progressive candidates
- Support each other!